Without any further adieu, I present to you the floor plan I selected for my Simply Southern Cottage!
If I’m being literal, the correct answer is none of the above. HOWEVER, after pouring over all 5 options, I ultimately choose Plan Option 4 with modifications. In all reality, this is a totally new plan from the 5 I originally shared with you.
Here are a few thoughts that went into my decision making process:
- A smaller office allowed additional square footage for a master closet.
- The entire living area, dining and kitchen areas are open. So when you guys come over, we can cook, eat and fellowship all at the same time!
- A newly added fireplace flanks the south end of the living area. Perfect for those cozy, cold winter evenings.
- In this plan the HVAC is upstairs. I KNOW many of you advised against this, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take. In my previous homes, the HVAC has mostly been upstairs and I haven’t had any problems. There IS a possibility it *may* need to be downstairs (depending on how a few other things fall). If so, I’ll carve room out of the master closet.
- Plan 4 has the largest master bedroom.
- Ultimately, Plan 4 (with modifications) is the best use space for me.
It was TOUGH decision, trust me. SO many of you voted for Plan 5. I DO love this plan, but the moving of the stairs was NO BUENO for my budget! I also wasn’t sold on having the two living areas; seemed like a waste of space for my circumstances. Oh and, as far as the upstairs, it will be pretty simple…2 bedrooms, 1 full bath and a commons area for hanging out.
Contractors are working away to make this plan a reality. So far, all is smooth sailing. The old shingles have been shuffled off. Walls are coming down. 90 year old electrical wiring is being ripped out. (But not to worry! We are saving all the old porcelain knobs from the knob and tube configuration. Send me ideas on how to repurpose these!) Deteriorating plumbing pipes are being removed. A new shell, a new reality and a new beginning is blossoming at my Simply Southern Cottage!
A BIG THANK YOU to Angie and Sean with Red River Remodelers for all these amazing plans and for helping me create one that makes my heart sing!
So, what do you think? It was a HARD decision, but ultimately this is the one that works best for me! The demo work will continue for a bit longer, but I’ve got more surprises for you guys coming soon!